Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Have you ever?

Have you ever met someone that simply amazes you. I have. I can actually say I have met and know many people that constantly amaze me. How they live their life, how they do things, amazing. I count many of these people as my friends..

Today though, I want to write about a woman I met a few months back. She has not given me permission to write her story so I will not name names, we will simply call her Maddie.. 

Maddie is simply amazing. I don't mean your average, oh my gosh that woman is awesome or oh wow did you know so and so could do this or that. Maddie really is simply amazing. I am daily astounded by her grace, and faith. 

Maddie is fairly young, she has several young children, all under the age of 7. She met and married the love of her life and had children. Life was not perfect, gosh it is never is. But pretty good.  She and her husband and kids went to church. ( I don't know her super well but I do know some bits) and life went on as it does.. Normal average christian family...

Until one day. An accident that I don't even know the details of happened. Her love, her husband was taken to be with God. One of the hardest things for a person to endure. 

I met her only about 3 or so months after his passing. How did I meet her. She came to me, to help my family in its time of need. She was hurting and still is in a way that cannot be fathomed except by those who experience it and yet she stood on my doorstep to help me. 

I daily watch her function (via facebook) and other avenues and am constantly amazed anew by her grace and faith. She is strong, and sure in her faith. She may have weak moments and moments where her heart feels like it may burst into thousands of pieces but she still stands strong in her faith.

Her grace to others, her ability to step outside her grief to help another is not an every day occurance. Few are able to do that, fewer still will make the effort she does to go to that person in need to make sure the need is met.

She is an example to me. Her story reminds me daily to not take the little things for granted and to help those that I can when I can. I always try to appreciate even the smallest of details of my life. My normal average life. I am thankful to God to have met Maddie and her children. For each of them is a thrill to meet. For they too, stand strong in their faith as little as they are. 

Maddie (you know who you are) God bless you. I pray for you daily. I ask those that read this to pray for her and her family as well. A story such as hers needs such prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers