Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Appreciation and Thankfulness

Sometimes I put my fingers to the keyboard and I don't really know what I am going to write, other times I know exactly what I am feeling and exactly what I want to share with my audience or even sometimes just a post that I want to keep for review on a later date. 

Tonight, I am not sure where my fingers and mind are going to take us. It could go many places as my life is so very complicated and overwhelming but sometimes it is easiest to make a light post about how to change a light bulb. 

But, tonight we are going to go with the heavy as usual. This blog is my vent area, it is the way I stay sane in the face of so much .. well just so much in my life. Sometimes I wonder how one person can take so much. I cannot be the first to be so completely overwhelmed by life. I certainly will not be the last. I have however come to the conclusion that though my life is not easy and it is far too interesting for my taste. It has a great many positives in it that I often take for granted. 

I sit and watch my father in law and how he is feeling, and I feel such compassion for him. I wish I could help him in some small way but there is nothing anyone can do for him. I can only choose to appreciate the man he is and all that he does for this family. I only try to do whatever small thing he asks to make his life easier, and again appreciate him as the wonderful grandfather he is to my three wonderful children. 

It also makes me appreciate my husband, for several reasons. One of which, he came from this man. This wonderful man who is my father in law, raised my husband. My father in law is in my husband. I choose to appreciate that. It also makes me appreciate that my dh is healthy. My MIL is not so much. It is so sad to watch. I also appreciate that my husband is trying to do what is best for our family in the face of such hopelessness. 

I also appreciate that my children are healthy. They have no life threatening allergeries, no illnesses that we must battle daily. They are healthy and happy. They are fun and vibrant. They have minds of their own. They are stubborn and willful. They are sweet and loving. They are amazing little people who God trusted me with. I appreciate that I get to be their mother. 

There are so many things I appreciate about my life. So many things I am deeply grateful for. The list can go on and on. Do you appreciate your life and what you have rather that fight against it and search for what you don't have? If you fight, stop now and look around and see the wonder that is your life. I assure there are many things in everyones life to be thankful for, some of us have more to be thankful for but everyone has something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers