Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

More comments of change.

Well, as I wrote last post. There was a big change coming that I was dreading, a change that I struggled to accept. I have reached the point of not fighting it.  I still don't like it. I do, however understand that for us it is a necessary thing. I don't know if I have reached an acceptance point yet, but I am working on that. I am actually working on more than that. I am actually working on going past acceptance into happiness for this change. 

It is a great opportunity for us. It can mean a lot more freedom for me as a person and a parent. It can bring more freedom to dh and I as a couple. It can bring more dates and just more joy in life in general. It can bring more heritage to the children and it can certainly bring more love. It will bring more of God's love to them. 

God has a plan for our life. I have always believed that.I believe it now. And. I believe this is part of that. 

Change, whether good or bad if often hard. Especially for this medical spouse. One would think that me being the wife of Dr. O for so long would have made me a natural at dealing with all manner of change. Yet, even after so many years of constant change I still struggle with it. I crave stability. I want to touch stability with my fingers and revel in it unchanging self. Yet that is not for me. 

Many people say that God does not give you more than you can handle. There is another saying.. That God does not give you more than you handle, I just wish he did not trust me so much. However, I believe different. I believe that God does give you more than you can handle. He does this for two reasons. One... So that you must turn to him to give you the strength needed for the situation. Two.. to make you even stronger. If he never pushed you past your current limits, you would not become stronger and more capable as the years passed. 

There is a reason older people are wise. They have experience of a long life. They have been pushed past their liimits many times over. 

and if I am lucky.. Maybe, Just maybe someday I will be considered wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers