Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

The one constant in my life

If I have one constant in my life, it is change. I think I may have written about this very fact before. It does however warrant another mention to my mind. It seems to me just when I get good and settled into a routine, it must change. 

My life such as it is has been one long changing motion for years now. When I met my dear and wonderful husband, I was not a fan of change. In fact, I will go as far as to say I hated it. I hated any change good or bad. At the very same time, when I knew change was coming I wanted it over and done with. I did not want to wait for it, as  you often have to. I did not embrace change at all. 

I cannot say I embrace it now either. I am however adept at accepting it. Life has been ever changing for years now. I can't say I like it all that well most days. I have begun to see the merit in good changes though. I even sometimes can see the merit in not so good changes. 

There is another changing blowing in the winds of my life right now. I am not yet ready to embrace it or even accept it. I am working towards that, simply by the act of writing in this blog. This particular change brings some serious challenges to mind. I am not ready to say what that change is, but rest assured it is a very challenging one. It is a change that will affect daily life. It will affect my entire family. It will affect how we go about our routines. 

I must embrace it. I must accept it. It is something that will occur, that must occur. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers