Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

The test is over.... this one at least

Dr. O has taken the USMLE step 2. The long hours of studying and preparing for the test are over. Now the wait begins. We will be praying that he not only passed it but with flying colors. He sounds better than he has in weeks and for that I am glad. I am proud of him regardless of the outcome. He did his best and to me that is what matters.

I do hope he passes I will admit just because it would make things easier for the future as well as help restore Dr. O's confidence level that has always been a part of him. Medical school is definitely good for taking a super smart person and making them equal to the rest of the world. I for one could not do it, not all the studying, and the hard work, the intense dedication one must have to succeed in this field, but it is not me that has to do all this. I do pray for him often though.

I am just trying to remember each and every day that God's plan even if it is not in sync with our plan for the future will always be bigger and grander than anything we could plan for.

Of it all though, I believe in my man. No matter what happens I will be that soft place to land. I will have a peaceful home for him to come to. I will be a strong supporter of his no matter if he needs it or not.

and now we wait. We wait up to 6 weeks to find out the results of the USMLE. Please those that read  this blog if you pray, please take a moment every time you think of us to pray. He still has to take the COMLEX but we don't have a scheduled date yet due to away rotations and an uncertain schedule. Once he takes the COMLEX we will wait another 6 weeks for the results of that test.

Jeremiah 29:11  - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.- (NIV) [www.biblegateway.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers