Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Such Moments as these...


Life is so short, and a childhood is so brief. Your kids grow up so very fast, right in front of your eyes. Someone once told me " The days are long, but the years are short." That is very true. I want to enjoy each moment of my children's childhood. I want to embrace how adorable they are right now, tomorrow, a year from now, 5 years, 10 etc.

I want to be the best Mom possible for my children. I want them to grow knowing that though I was tough, I loved them more than they can even begin to fathom at least until they have their own kids. I want so much for them, but at the base of it I want them to become what they want to become. I want them to grow and learn and embrace what life brings to them.

The reality is though as they grow I know that sometimes my wants will override theirs, just for the simple fact they are young or as they get older a protective choice on my part will need to be made. However, I do hope by the time they are adults they know I did my best to be the best for them.

Such moments as these are so short, and so very precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers