Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Crazy Month...

It has been a crazy month for me and my family. My mother got very sick and was taken to ICU. She was in a coma for 2.5 days. My sister and were on skype when my brother called to say Mom was in the hospital and bad off. Neither of us had the money to go, we had to borrow money. My sister took a greyhound to my house and we hopped in the car along with her grown daughter and my two littles and drove to OK from Cali. Uggghh.. Straight through, pretty much no stopping and got there a day and half later to Mom still in a coma.
She came out of when we got there, but stayed in ICU for 6 days. She was in the hospital for 8. She is still not fully recovered but we have every hope that she will get back to herself fully. She is now in Cali with my sister rather than all the way in OK where we can't monitor the situation.

The trip there was long because we were worried sick and could not seem to get there fast enough. We were so exhausted by the time we got there, I can't even explain and to walk in that room to see my mother that way was very traumatic. The trip back was long too because things kept going wrong. It was one thing after another, people got sick including a little. Both cars acted up, we left the lights on and had to call AAA (thank goodness we had AAA to call) ran into bad weather in TX and in Cali, and high winds in NM. It was a crazy trip but we all got here in and slept and slept, then got in the car and drove another 7 hours to my sisters and then slept some more. I am still recovering.

I am so happy to be home and to get back into my routines and the girls routines. So happy to see my DH after almost a month apart. That was long. I missed him so much and yet I did not even realize how much I missed him until I saw him. The girls really missed their Daddy too.

I am glad that we got to spend the month with my Mom to give my girls a chance to attach themselves to her. They had not known her that well before hand and now they love her. It was a blessing in disguise I guess.

Moral of the story: God always has plan even if we don't have any idea what it is.

and praise God that my Mama is on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers