Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Little Eyes and Little Ears...

There are some things that feel beyond my control, that aren't. I don't know if that makes sense to ya'll, but it does to me. It simply means that sometimes I do stuff that feels like I can't control it but the reality is I can if I will just stop and pay attention. I can control it. I just don't as I should.

There are some things that must change when you have children. There are a LOT of things that change when you have kids and more than must. They are a must to me, maybe not to others but to me, yes a must.

Things like:


  • Cussing, that has to be cut out, cause if it is not you will hear it out of the mouth of your kid and you will know they are saying it because YOU said. I am here to tell you that is an awesome moment in your parenthood. It makes you feel like you should go pick up the factitious parent of the year award.
  • Anger, that crap can cause you act badly and it teaches your children to act badly as well. 
  • Allowing other people to talk ugly to you in front of your kids, that just teaches them they can do it to.
  • You have to think about everything you do and watch and listen to, because little ears and eyes are watching and listening and learning.
  • You have to make sure that others follow that example when you are around or you have to leave if they don't.
  • Be aware of how YOU treat others, because you are again TEACHING your kids. 
  • Every moment of every day is a teaching moment for you to your kids. Use it wisely.
  • Praying every night, talking about God. You are teaching your children a valuable lesson they won't learn if you don't share with them. You are teaching them about God and what faith is. 
The reality is this.. When you have little kids every single thing you do and say, everything you watch and listen too, every person you hang around teaches your kids how to act, how to speak, how to treat others, how to be treated themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers