Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Worse Day in Recent History

Today, well to put it simply, sucked. It did not suck a little bit, it sucked a whole lot. It was one of those days; that if you could, you would go back to bed.

It started out promising enough, well maybe not. My hubby was still home and L had gotten up and instead of going out and visiting with Dad and letting him get her breakfast. She decided to stay in the bedroom, and be loud and mess with V. So guess who she woke up. I was hoping to squeeze in a few more minutes of sleep before Dr.O left, but it was not in L's agenda. She was whiny and so was her sister and the day continued in that vein.

I got up, fed the kids. We all got dressed and went to bible study. We get there and I take the kids to the kids room and V is not having any part of going in there. L was fine but V, to quote my oldest "No, not either".

So I took her into the bible study room. She was all over the place. Happy in my arms one minute, unhappy the next. She wanted down and up and back down again. Then she started crying. I left to nurse her, so I missed part of the video. I came back she seemed better. I decided I would try to take her back to the kids room, Yea, I don't think so was her response.  So , we went back to the bible study room. She was all over the room. I felt like I chased her the whole time and disrupted everyone else. It was un-fun.

We drove by the park to check out things for the party, and then came home. I fed the kids lunch, but they were whiny and not being good. When V was being whiny, L decided she should be too. They were playing off each other. Finally, oh my stars was I happy, it was naptime. No, this was not to be. The complex maintenance, decided that this was the time, to get out the rake and the leaf blower. So... awake they were.

This continued all day, the whining and carrying on. The not minding, the not talking nice to me. I finally set down the ground rules and one kid ended up in the corner. Which changed the mode.. However I had waited to long and was exhausted and in a bad mood. Finally the youngest fell asleep, unscheduled nap, because hers had been cut very short.

She woke better, and things were better but I was still on edge. At this point it was the little things that were bothering me. I went to hang something up and the hanger broke. "REALLY?" and then I stubbed my toe, slammed my hand into a drawer, well finger. V spilled juice all over the carpet, and then the best moment. I spilled soda ALL OVER the hat I have been knitting for weeks!! WEEKS.

I had to calm down and go put it in water and rinse it well and wring it out gently and then lay it down to dry. So now I can't work on it. I was finally at the point of nearing the finish.

Hubby rescued me. He took the kids and went and go Taco Bell. I sat here alone and watched a funny show. It helped improve my mood. Then there was V walking in a circle on purpose, and then stopping because she was dizzy, so she could do it again. And L coming over and hugging and kissing me and saying I love you Mommy.

The kids went to bed. I did my bible study review Day 1 and watched a funny show. I have been pondering things about why today was so bad. I think maybe they kids were feeding off of my worry about something I did not even realize I was worried about until I  said it to my husband.

So I ask for prayer. I am not prepared at this time to say what it is. Just pray for peace to surround me.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers