Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Self Care: Introspective

Description:  Self care involves doing things that make you happy, whether an instant gratification thing or a long term thing.

I think part of my self care has been lately to realize that some things are more important than what I want. I am part of something bigger than me and that thing is that God is in control of my life. I am beginning to see that when he is in control that something self care comes with just stepping back from trying to control my life and letting him control it for me.

I want to be the best wife and mother I can be. I want my husband to be proud every single day to call me his wife. I want him to look back in 50 years and feel joyful that he chose to marry me. I want my children to grow up to productive happy God loving people. I want them to look back at their Mom and know that I wanted the very best for them and that I always tried to be a good mom. I want them to always know that they are loved and to take that with them wherever life takes them.

I am learning that to do those things, it is self care to step back and let God control me. To let God guide my path so I can achieve those goals. God has given me many talents in which to handle my particular life. One of which is understanding that this is in fact my path. This is where I am supposed to be.

How can accepting where I am and loving where I am and wanting the very best for me and my wonderful family not qualify as self care.

Thank you Holy Father for being my strength and for taking care of me at every single moment in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers