Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kids are strange creatures

My oldest L  is afraid of cats, even itty bitty teeny tiny cats or as most people call them, kittens. We don't have cats ourselves but my sister does. We visit my sister about once a month to every month and half. She was never afraid until the last visit. She was fine by the end of the visit which was approx 2.5 weeks.

We are back to the same ole.. We have been here about 3 days. She is a mess. She wants to be carried everywhere even if said kitten is no where to be seen. It is frustrating to say the least. I don't know exactly how to deal with it. She is almost 3 and yet falls completely apart at the thought of the kitten even being in the same house with her.

Any ideas would be helpful. Forget though trying to get her to come close to it, to pet it, she doesn't want to talk about it. Nothing.

4 comments:

  1. Poor baby. What I have learned is to (try to) be completely understanding. Only say sweet things about the kitty, and talk about how brave Lauren is when she's doing other things. I think a really important thing to remember is that us mom's will never understand why our kids are effected by some things so much. We should try not to force them, but give them time and patience and love, and all that good stuff ;) Have fun up north!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. I am just trying to make her feel safe. I am not pushing the kitty on her. I have explained it is a baby but.. she does not care and I am not going to push it. We are just keeping L and the kitty separated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Tinkerbell likes cats... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Followers