Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Contentment.. joyfulness.. happiness.. is it possible...

Does anyone know when they find contentment? Does anyone actually find it? Is it possible to be content when your spouse is a medical student who is never home and when he is, he is either sleeping, studying or eating.  I don't know the answer to that. I do know I want to find that elusive thing called contentment.

I want to not only be accepting of my life but to love it. I want to be absolutely content and joyful in it. I want to be totally happy and that happiness to spread to my family and friends. I want people to wonder what I have that makes me so very positive.

I want to wake up in the morning always happy and never woeful and downtrodden. I want to feel happy to be cleaning my house and feeding the family. I want every single day to be a day to find joy in.

I am making a choice to find that. I believe it is possible and certainly God can provide it to me. I don't think many people in this crazy cranky world can find it, if any, without God's peace coming from within.

1 comment:

  1. I understand your feelings. It can be difficult to feel contentment and happiness when you feel like all you do all day is give. You give all your time and energy to taking care of your husband, kids and household. And even though it's wonderful and rewarding to give, give, give...I find I start to get angry about it if I haven't given anything to MYSELF lately! :) Don't forget about yourself!

    And I personally think that happiness is something everybody has to constantly work towards. We change and our lives change so much everyday, that I don't think of contentment as a destination, but more of a journey. Something I work towards a little bit everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Followers