Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year... New Hopes...New Dreams

2011 is here!! For many of us, each January 1st brings new ideas, new hopes, new dreams, new goals. If we had a bad year, we hope the new one will be better, if we had a good year, we hope the new one will be even better. I am no different. As midnight approached I began to consider what I wanted be different this year. I decided on a few things, some I will share now .. some I won't.

I have decided to go back to school. I will make a decision and follow through by September. I have an idea as to what I want to do, I just need to firm it up. I will need to decide where to go, how to handle it with two kids, and what the exact degree I want.

I am also going to try to pamper myself more this year than I did last year. I have some mini goals but we will see  how I can firm that up into some tangible.

I hope to make some other more substancle changes this year, however I don't want to go into them right at this moment.

This new year was marked by my children sleeping, one in her bed, one in her swing, my husband on a 36 hour call and me sitting at the computer playing a computer game and chatting with my sister. It was not bad on the whole, though I would wish my honey was here with me. I did talk to him 11 minutes before.

When I started this blog in June. I felt overwhelmed by the life I was in, hence the title. I don't feel as overwhelmed anymore. I am learning to be a more accepting person and to completely rely on God to get me through the tough spots.

May your 2011 be as blessed as I intend mine to be!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling refreshed and renewed like me :0) I also see a common trait in our goals for this year- they are about us :0) Not medical school/medicine, not kids, just us :0) and that is a great thing. I'll be checking in all year to see how it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. Yea I am learning a lot about myself lately. I am also realizing that acceptance of your situation is the first step to peace in your life and heart.

    ReplyDelete

Followers