Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Medicine and the price family pays

I want to be accepting of how things go, but sometimes I am just not. I have been at my sisters for a month. I will be here for the foreseeable future I guess. I was looking forward to hubby being here on the 17th but now that date has been changed to the 23rd.

I am getting more accepting of each time medicine shits on me, will I someday not care? I worry about that. Do other medical wives. I know he wants this, and I want him to have this because he wants it. Sometimes though, it feels like it will always be this way.

I am 37 weeks pregnant, I was hoping he would make it here for the birth of our second child. It now feels like that is just not going to happen and we just set it in stone that he would not be here.  I know I am being negative and I am trying to see the positives but at this precise moment .. I don't...

Please let me know if it gets better or will it always be this way.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes it feels like God wants to much from me... I know everything happens the way he wants it to, but it doesn't make it any easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. The reality of this life. Of course His will will be done, but I'll pray for you today- that His will is for your husband to be there in time ;0), and for some extra hugs and comfort to be sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the prayers.. I appreciate it. I am still not feeling so positive.. Kind of angry. I have pretty much given up that hubby might be here for the birth of our child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry- I hope that he'll make it there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog (I'm on imsn too) and just wanted to send you some *Hugs*. I was just making myself my tuna sandwich dinner when I was thinking.... I miss the simple days. I'm not even sure what those are anymore but I agree - med school/residency all of that sucks. I wished med school away and now I am praying that residency flies by!! It extra sucks that I am wishing precious time away you know?! Ugh, no win situation :(
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone.. It helps to hear from others who are either there or have been there..

    ReplyDelete

Followers