Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Been a While..

It has been a while since I posted and quite a bit has happened...

I got very sick on Aug 5th I think it was. I ended up in L & D with severe pain, throwing up and just generally unwell. My hubby of course took me, we were there until something like 330 am. I was told I had gas and to take some mylicon and percoset for pain and I would be better. The pain was so bad I could not explain it, my whole rib on my left side, and my back. GAS.. really, well okay..

We went home, I continued to throw up and be in severe pain which percoset only helped for a bit, in that it would knock me out for a little while. Hubby missed a day of rotations because I was unable to care for myself much less our daughter of 21 months.

My sister called, and found out how sick I was, and basically got in the car immediately to come get me and take me to her house. She lives 7 hours away from me. She is a God-send. My dear hubby cannot miss rotations, they are not that understanding. I was far to sick to be able to do anything.

The pain did not go away. We got to my sisters on a Sunday night and I had gone to L & D I think on a Friday night. I was still throwing up everything, including water and in severe pain. We went to L & D up here and they quickly got an IV going and some real pain medicine in me. They checked me every which way to Sunday and found that I had a kidney stone. The hospital where I live said GAS and it was a kidney stone.. Wow..

I went to a friends close to the hospital and stayed the night and passed the stone, thankfully God broke it up for me and it was not painful to pass. WhooHoo for that one. I don't think I could have done it, I was so very weak from not eating and throwing everything up.

We went back to my sister's, and thought I was on the mend. I was still very weak but seemed to be doing better. I was even eating. Then about 2 days later, started having severe back pain on the other side and yep you guessed it. Throwing everything up.  Back to Hospital.

Again, immediate IV, severe dehydration and severe pain. Another kidney stone. They were sure, could not find a kidney stone, did not appear to be one this time. I was also contracting. I was not far enough alone to have the baby. Hospitalized, until I could eat and drink and the pain was manageable. 3 days.

Things were better but I was still not thriving, went back to doctor, he thought it was my gall bladder, sent to L & D again for blood work and monitoring. Yep, probably gall bladder.

So.. I am on a NON fat diet, which is not exactly tasty but I am doing better. I can keep food and water down. This kid is still hanging on, we are full term finally. Really only through God's Grace is she still cooking.
God really watched over me during this time.

and I must add thank God for sisters like mine.

I have not seen my DH in a month and still have two more weeks to go. I miss him so much, but it has probably been better for him, since he is studying for boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers