Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Husband Gone Again..

I really do need to get used to this. He is gone a lot lately, but it will be nothing compared to when he actually starts rotations. He is going to take the big bad boy test. The make or break test. Please pray for him. We hope to find out the results right away. The test is on Wednesday @ 10am. Please be thinking of him during this time.

I worry about how I will handle having two small children. I admit I am nervous. If I had a husband that worked 9-5 then I would not worry so much. However, the fact is he is not going to be around so very much. I know that God does  not give you more than you can handle but he does push you to the limits of what you are capable of. That is what I am concerned about.

I am excited about Little Sister. I am a little concerned about how Big Sister is going to deal with having to share her Mama. She is very Mommy-Oriented. She is getting more and more independent. I try to make sure she gets play time with other kids, through my mommy group, church and another mommy group I am part of. It is important I think for her independence.

She is talking more  and more. I am so very proud of her. She is doing pretty good potty training. Today was not her best day. She decided she did not want to pee on the potty at all today. I am hoping it was just a mood for today. She says baby, and kisses the belly but I am not sure she understands the whole concept of it.

She misses Daddy when he is gone, and will run to the door if she hears any noise and yell.. Dada!! Dada!! I know he is going to be gone so much over the next few years. I also know I will adjust with each move, how well is up for grabs. However, I do know that with change, adjustment is inevitable eventually. She will get used to Daddy being gone, just as I will.

Well, please keep honey in your prayers for the upcoming test, and for step one which is also coming up before you know it. I can't believe we are half way through July already, that I am only 10 weeks away from meeting Lil Sis. I am trying to keep that in mind since I have to take the 3 hour glucose test, that even if I am dx that it will only be for 9 weeks or less!! I can do that.. I can right!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your second pregnancy! I'm sorry your DH is gone - its definitely hard, and even harder with little ones!
    Good luck to your husband on what I am assuming is Step 1? We prayed that my husband would receive whatever score he needed to be competitive for whatever God had in store for him. And he was blessed with a great score - unfortunately he is called to a very intense specialty... but we're dealing with it!
    P.S. Found you through IMSN.

    ReplyDelete

Followers